Owning inclusivity through communication in inclusive language.
A Talk by Audry Bron (DEI & Global Communication Expert, Bontekoning & Bron)
Register To Watch This Content
About this Talk
Through the use of inclusive language we create inclusive environments through radically other-centred approach resulting in a we perspective as a natural outcome to produce meaning in interactions through which individuals can accomplish their communicative objectives in relation to their purposes and interests.
- (Pro) active listening with intent to understand plays is crucial in inclusive language.
- Communication in an inclusive manner gives people a greater sense of belonging.
- Language has a fascinating potency to help co-construct or transform communities and therefore plays a pivotal role in reaching inclusive environments.
Facts Related To This Presentation
- Whether they are aware of it or not, because of the community gaze people are in a constant process of balancing different roles and expectations through the use of language.
- The language we use has a pressurizing regulatory force on individuals’ identity performances resulting in a process of inclusion and or exclusion.
- Teams with diverse identities bring complexities with them making the teams harder to manage.