EQ in creating positive DEI impact
A Talk by Baiba Žiga (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Advocate | Founder & CEO of Lakehouse Consulting, Lakehouse Consulting Ltd)
Register To Watch This Content
About this Talk
I truly believe that EQ is the foundation in DEI work, as real impact in the world around us is only possible when we address our inner worlds and immediate ecosystems. DEI, EQ, CQ, etc. are all advanced topics, yet often the people who we call 'leaders' lack basic people management skills let alone the capability of managing diversity.
Therefore we often see this work being treated as window dressing, short-term fixes, quick celebrations, and award showcasing rather than addressing the root cause and making a true positive impact. The system needs a revolution, but so does humanity.
1) What EQ is and isn't.
2) The importance of EQ in an organizational and social context.
3) Practical tools for applying EQ in leading, managing, inspiring, and more inclusive decision-making.
Facts Related To This Presentation
1) PepsiCo performed an internal study revealing that managers with highly developed EQ skills outperformed yearly revenue targets by 15-20%; managers with low EQ underperformed at the same rate.
2) EQ is a 'younger' concept than some of the world's most powerful leaders. (It only took off in the 1990s.)
3) According to the World Economic Forum’s Future of Jobs Report, emotional intelligence is one of the top 10 job skills. Yet, only 30% of companies look for emotional intelligence during hiring.