Why Professionalism is Just Another "ism"?
A Talk by Angela Shaw (Chief People Officer, JuiceLand)
Register To Watch This Content
About this Talk
Many time Professionalism standards are used to uphold the systems that oppress marginalized groups.
- What are professionalism standards?
- How do they uphold systemic racism and discrimination?
- What can you do to counteract it?
Facts Related To This Presentation
- 8 states across the US had to create laws to ban discrimination against natural Black Hair
- According to the Article, ""Whitened Résumés: Race and Self-Presentation in the Labor Market"" by Sonia K. Kang, Katherine A. DeCelles, András Tilcsik Companies are more than twice as likely to call minority applicants for interviews if they submit whitened resumes.